If you do not play through the Constellation Questline, you might be quite lost on how to dock your ship in Bethesda’s Starfield. It should be straightforward, but it really isn’t. Here’s how you dock your ship with another ship or starbase:
- Find the ship or space station and approach it (get to within 500m of it)
- Note that ships need to have their engine and grav drive disabled before you’re allowed to dock. There also cannot be other ships still attacking you.
- Select the scanner mode (“F” per default on PC)
- Focus on the station or ship (“E” per default on PC)
- Select the “Dock” option and hold the relevant key as indicated
- You are now docked and can board and undock again